All Aboard Harvest | Emma: No surprise, it’s unpredictable
5862
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-5862,single-format-standard,qode-quick-links-1.0,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-theme-ver-11.2,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.7,vc_responsive

Emma: No surprise, it’s unpredictable

Emma: No surprise, it’s unpredictable

Emma_thumbnail

The lifestyle of a custom harvester is unpredictable. If we did have plans they would be filled with chaos. Our way of life all depends on the weather, much like farmers. We battle drought, floods, freezes, and hail. You never know what you are going to get. A strong faith-filled life is important to get through the tough times.

This year the wheat crop is less than acceptable. The late freezes in Oklahoma, regions of Texas, Kansas and Colorado have killed the wheat leaving nothing to harvest. Here at home, near Elk City, Okla., around 90 percent of wheat acres have either been tilled under, or cut for hay to be fed to cattle. The remaining 10 percent is still green and may only average around five bushels per acre. Our farmers will harvest that wheat for seed to plant next year’s crop. This year’s crop is not promising, so we have been spending part of our time putting up business cards in different areas of the state hoping to find work.

Emma

Be safe and God bless!

All Aboard Wheat Harvest is sponsored by High Plains Journal and Syngenta 
Emma can be reached at emma@allaboardharvest.com 

2 Comments
  • Nebraska Wheatie
    Posted at 08:59h, 01 June

    After I read your post, I read my daily devotion from Dr. Charles Stanley and thought it appropriate for where we’re at this year as a custom harvester:

    “Our worries and fears of the unknown, however, do not in any way diminish or deter our sovereign, omniscient Lord. Instead, He desires that each of us step forward in faith. He has promised that when we do so, He will provide us with the guidance we long for (Isa. 30:21).”

    Jim and Taylor are headed down to Oklahoma with the combine tomorrow. Wonder when the rest of the crew will be following? If we leave early enough we have to “hurry up and wait”, we’ll come for a visit!!

  • Emma Misener
    Posted at 08:32h, 15 June

    I don’t think that could have been any better. Just what we needed to hear. Who says He doesn’t know what we need to hear; He knows exactly what to say, and when to show it to us. 🙂
    I’m looking forward to the ‘hurry up and wait’ for a change! lol… See you guys soon, I hope!